Monday, December 20, 2010

Tofu, Peanut Butter, and Banana Spread

This easy no-cook, super healthy spread is soooo delicious! I used really soft silken tofu because that's what I had, but if you could find a semi-soft silken tofu that would work better, so that it wouldn't be quite so runny for a spread. I rolled some up in a whole wheat tortilla for Luc today and it was quite a mess, but was eaten in record time! This would also make a great dip for waffle strips, a topping for pancakes, or a pudding on its own (I ate some as a pudding). Due to the inclusion of peanut butter and honey, this spread is suitable for babies over 1 year. It will turn a little darker in the fridge, but it will still taste just the same.



















   
Tofu, Peanut Butter, and Banana Spread

- 1/2 package soft (or semi-soft)tofu
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (unsalted)
- 2 tsp lemon juice


Puree in a blender or food processor until ingredients are fully incorporated and it is nice and smooth.

Makes about 1 cup

5 comments:

  1. Michelle, reading your fun cooking ideas made me think that you would just love this book: How It All Vegan! Irresistible Recipes for an Animal-Free Diet from Tanya Barnard and Sarah Krame. Ever heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I hadn't heard of it but I'll check it out. I'm far from vegan, but I enjoy reading vegan and vegetarian cookbooks since they often have great ideas and are often very creative as well, as healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So healthy and yet so simple! I love it! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this spread for the first time yesterday and my toddler loved it! First she got some as a spread on a sandwich and later that day the rest as a dessert, with some mashed strawberries. I also substituted the honey with 2 dried apricots (soaked in water first). The flavors are a bit unusual where I live (Sweden) but i personally love them.
    Thanks for a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping by! I'm working on an English version of The Tiny Food-dérive, so hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...