Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rice Cereal not Recommended for Baby?

 I just read this article by Dr.Alan Green, and I thought it was interesting. While I'm skeptical of the strength of the link between feeding infants white rice cereal and childhood obesity (versus other factors), feeding baby white rice cereal never made sense to me. I don't understand why it would be encouraged to feed babies, as their first taste of food, a refined grain that health-conscious adults avoid in favour of the goodness of whole grains. I only fed Luc brown rice cereal because that just made more sense to me personally. All of the brochures that I picked up from his doctor's office however, advocated traditional white rice cereal -- it seems at least that some doctor's are on board and maybe the established guidelines are changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...