Friday, December 24, 2010

Sunshine Smoothie

This is another oatmeal smoothie recipe that I've adapted from the Frugal Foodie Cookbook. I've been trying to incorporate cantaloupe into Luc and mine's diet (my husband however hates melons) since I learned that they are apparently another superfood. This fruit has concentrated levels of beta-carotene, folic acid, fiber, vitamin C, and potassium as well as some B vitamins and is antioxidant rich. This smoothie makes me think of summer...that lovely season where snowsuits don't have to be wrangled onto little squirming bodies. 



















  
Sunshine Smoothie

- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, ground into a fine powder in a coffee grinder or food processor
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced
- 1/2 cup ice

Throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth and yummy. If it is a little too thick, thin with a little water or pineapple juice. Sweeten to taste if needed. 

Makes two largish smoothies

* p.s. Luc started cry after he finished his smoothie this morning because it was all gone!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you and Luc! I loved that you posted a picture of him here!

    Happy Holidays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too! Hope you had a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...