Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Product Praise: Sunbutter

We have no food allergies in our family so I have never had to consider nut alternatives. However, I have to pack Luc's lunches and snacks for daycare and they are nut-free. For those nights when I just have NO time, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would just be so convenient to pop in his lunch. I didn't have very high expectations for this peanut-free alternative, but I was pleasantly surprised! While this spread has a slight bit of bitterness that peanut butter doesn't have, it's still great tasting and a godsend for convenience. Peanut butter is just so versatile, that I'm so glad that I have an alternative that I can send of in Luc's lunch bag.




















If nut allergies are an issue or you are looking for nut-free alternatives for whatever reason, if you haven't already give sunflower butter a try. Use it exactly like you would peanut butter, for instance in Munch's PB & J Oatmeal Smoothie, Tofu PB & Banana Spread, or Senegalese Peanut and Tomato Soup

Also check out these awesome Sunbutter Cookies with Chocolate Sunflower Seed Drops from Maryea at Happy Healthy Mama!

What's your favorite way to enjoy 'peanut' butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...